Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
6 servings, ready in 40 minutes
Halve and seed squash. Bake, cut side down, on greased baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven for 1 hour or until flesh is tender when pierced. (Or microwave, flesh side up and covered with plastic wrap, at High for 15 minutes.) Using fork, gently scrape strands into serving dish; keep warm.
Meanwhile, in 13 x 9 inch (33 cm x 23 cm) metal cake pan, toss together tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, SPLENDA®Granulated, salt and pepper. Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for 35 minutes.
Stir in beans; roast for 5 minutes or until warm and tomatoes are shriveled. Spoon over squash. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 lb/1 1/2 kg)
- 6 cups (1 1/2 L) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained rinsed white or red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley