Apple Ginger Pecan Tart Recipe
1 serving, ready in 1 hour
For crust, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour and stir until dough comes together. Shape into a disk, wrap and chill for 2 hours, until firm. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick and line an 8-inch, removable-bottom fluted tart pan. Freeze while preparing filling.
For filling, whisk butter and the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Place chilled tart shell on a baking tray and arrange apples and pecans in shell. Gently pour filling over apples and pecans.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until edges of pastry are browned and filling no longer jiggles when pan is moved.
Let tart cool for an hour before slicing. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fine salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) peeled and sliced baking apples, such as Spy, Spartan or Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecan halves