Dark Chocolate Pecan Breakfast Cookie Recipe
24 servings, ready in 40 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). In a medium bowl, stir flour with oats, ground flax, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a separate bowl beat the butter with the almond butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Fold in the chocolate and pecans.
Portion into 24 cookies and roll into balls. Place about 2-inches (5 cm) apart on two parchment-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake, in batches, for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw one cookie at a time in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground flax
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) natural almond butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped pecans