Orange Almond Icebox Cookies Recipe
54 servings, ready in 20 minutes
In a food processor, pulse flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, cornstarch, orange zest and salt to combine. Add butter, egg yolks and vanilla and pulse until dough comes together. Shape dough into 2 logs about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) in diameter, wrap in plastic and chill until firm (or freeze and then thaw refrigerated).
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Slice cookies into 1/4 inch (7 mm) cookies and place on prepared baking tray. Lightly whisk egg white and brush onto cookies. Arrange a few almond slices on each cookie.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until the almonds begin to toast, then cool.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze up to a month.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sliced almonds