Cranberry Tunnel Coffee Cake Recipe
16 servings, ready in 1 hour and 50 minutes
Filling: In small saucepan, bring cranberries, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water to boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until thickened and reduced to 3/4 cup (180 mL), about 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, sprinkle almonds evenly in greased 10 inch (3 L) Bundt pan; set aside.
In bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 2 additions of dry ingredients and 1 of sour cream.
Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Drop filling by spoonfuls in ring around centre, leaving 3/4 inch (2 cm) border on both sides. Spoon remaining batter on top, smoothing gently.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; invert onto rack to let cool completely.
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) almonds, sliced
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend, packed