Lemon-Orange Walnut Bread Recipe
12 servings, ready in 55 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) . Lightly spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch (21 x 11 x 6 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
Combine milk, lemon juice, lemon and orange peel. Set aside.
Beat eggs and SPLENDA® Granulated on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium; gradually add melted butter and vanilla, beating until blended, about 1 minute.
Add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture; beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in nuts. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) baking soda
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) freshly grated orange peel
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) chopped walnuts